1. A 10.00 gram mixture of NaHCO3 and Na2CO3 was heated and yielded 0.0357 moles of H2O and 0.1091 moles of CO2. The reactions are described by: NaHCO3 —–> Na2O + CO2 + H2O and Na2CO3 —–> Na2O + CO2. Calculate the volume of CO2 produced in each reaction at 733 Torr and 43oC. and the percentage composition of the mixture
2. A 5.00 cubic yard tank contains 193 moles of nitrogen, 125 moles of oxygen, 145 moles of helium, and 169 moles of carbon dioxide at 220oF. Calculate the partial pressure of each gas in the mixture. 1 yard = 3 feet, 1 foot = 12 inches, and 1 inch = 2.54 cm
3. In a photosynthesis reaction. 0.5796 grams of glucose was formed at a temperature of 37.0oC and at a pressure of 745 Torr. How many milliliters of oxygen were formed with the glucose and how many milliliters of carbon dioxide were reacted. The vapor pressure of water at 37.0oC is 50.0 Torr. The photosynthetic reaction is:
6CO2 + 6H2O —–> 6O2 + C6H12O6.
4. In the reaction of potassium fluoride with potassium chromate and sulfuric acid, the products are fluorine gas, potassium sulfate, chromium (III) sulfate and water. If 39.3 liters of fluorine gas was formed in this reaction and the gas was collected at -10.0oC and 725 Torr, how many grams of potassium chromate reacted
5. In the reaction of hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide, 100.00 ml of 0.1234M hydrochloric acid reacts with 50.00 ml of 0.5432M sodium hydroxide. Will the final solution be more acidic or more basic? How many mole of excess acid or base will remain? What is the final (H+) and what is the final pH
6. In the decomposition reaction of indium perchlorate, 25.0 grams is heated to produce oxygen and indium chloride. Write the balanced equation for the reaction and find the mole ratios of the reactants and products required to solve any stoichiometric problem; then find the volume of oxygen in liters formed at 37oC if the gas is collected over mercury under an atmospheric pressure of 720 torr
7. If 30.0 ml of 0.150 M CaCl2 is added to 27.5 ml of 0.200 M AgNO3, how many grams of AgCl will be precipitated?
8a. What is the gas density of dichlorine pentoxide at 1500 Torr. and 270oC?
8b.If the gas density of a given compound is 3.75 grams/liter at 960 Torr and 55oC, what is the molar mass of the gas?
9. A large weather balloon is filled with 1500. moles of helium at 35.0oC and 1.076 atm. What is its final volume at altitude where the pressure of the atmosphere is 25.0 Torr and the final temperature is -350oF
10a. 1.00 liter flask was evacuated and 5.00 grams of liquid NH3 was added to the flask, and the flask was sealed with a rubber stopper. If it takes 7.10 atm of pressure in the flask to blow out the rubber stopper, at what temperature will the stopper be blown out?