For this weeks Scholar-Practitioner Project assignment, you select a disease or condition of interest (one that has multiple data sources) and elaborate on many of the data considerations you must take into account in monitoring the disease.
The disease or condition you select will be the subject of a disease surveillance system you create throughout the duration of this Project. As such, the portion you submit this week should serve as a preliminary plan for your surveillance system.
To complete this portion of your Scholar-Practitioner Project, write a 2- to 4-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify a disease or condition that will be the subject of your Scholar-Practitioner Project surveillance system.
- Identify the population most at risk for the disease or condition you selected.
- Describe the data that you will need to perform the surveillance on your selected disease/condition, including the primary and secondary data sources you will need.
- Explain how you will collect information from these data sources.
- Identify who is responsible for collecting and providing data.
- Describe the aggregate record of data that you will use.
- Explain how you will ensure the quality of the data collected.