Assignment 1: Searching for Health Information on Social Determinants Using the Walden Library Databases
Knowing where to find credible health information is an important skill for any professional in the health sciences. For this Assignment, you will practice using the Walden Library database, Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL), to locate an article relating to the topic of social determinants and their impact on health.
- Review the following page that gives a demonstration of how to search for articles in the Walden Library:
- Walden University Library. (2017). Evidence-based practice research: CINAHL search help. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/healthevidence/cinahlsearchhelp
- Review the resources from the Walden Library located under the Writing and Library Skills Resource Guide page below. Then to complete this Assignment, go to the Library website and search for an article related to social determinants of health using the CINAHL database. The article should have been published within the last 5 years.
- Read the article you have selected.
Writing and Library Skills Resource Guide
By Day 7
- Summarize the main points of the article in 1 2 pages
- Include any information on social determinants of health that are described or programs that the authors have outlined to address social determinants of health
- Describe how the social determinant/s spotlighted in the article impact individual and community health.
Note: Be sure to include your article as one of your references for this week. See the Writing and Library Skills Resource Guide for reference list examples.