Lean manufacturing involves identifying and eliminating non-value adding activities in design, production, supply-chain management, and in dealing with the customers.
Select a manufacturing business in the Middle East and discuss the following:
- What the company does
- Its value adding and non-value adding activities, including tools for Lean Six Sigma such as just-in-time manufacturing
- Any rapid change-over activities the company uses or could use
- The companys employee empowerment opportunities
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed reference in supporting your answer.
My Reference :
Stevenson, W. (2018). Operations management(13th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN-13: 9781259667473 ( My Textbook )
- Antonio, B. T., & Kusumastuti, R. D. (2019). Lean operations implementation at an Indonesian shoe producer. South East Asian Journal of Management, 13(1), 92105.
- Honda, A. C., Bernardo, V. Z., Gerolamo, M. C., & Davis, M. M. (2018). How Lean Six Sigma principles improve hospital performance. The Quality Management Journal, 25(2), 70-82.