View the videos On Patrol with South Koreas Suicide Rescue Team (Links to an external site.)and America’s Opioid Crisis (Links to an external site.), then respond to questions listed below. You will choose TWO of the four.
Choose TWO questions to respond to.
- Discuss the relationship between suicide and social control, using the example of South Koreas Suicide Rescue Team and America’s opioid crisis.
- Explain the relationship between deviance and medical social control in Chapter 22.
- Evaluate the social benefits and consequences of state/government surveillance on different individuals and groups in society.
- Determine and discuss 1 strength and 1 weakness of the sociological ideas and claims about social control in this unit.
The initial post and the peer responses are worth a maximum of 8 points each. The initial post and the peer responses to the discussion questions must:
- include parenthetical citations from the text
- be at least one paragraph in length (four sentences or better).
- Initial post is due by 11:59 pm., Thursday, CT.
- Peer posts -response to 2 or more classmates due by 11:59 pm., Sunday, CT.