- Post due by 11:59 pm on Thursday (between 200-250 words
This week’s post will allow you to reflect on the content present during the past 15 weeks and how you plan to move forward with what you have learned.
Step 1: View the video below “The Dangers of a Single-Story”.
Summary: One of the most popular must watch TED talks that appears on nearly every list out there is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichies The Danger of a Single Story. Combing humor and a fresh cultural perspective that many of us have not had the privilege to hear, she broadens our world in under 20 minutes and delivers a beautiful talk that still motivates viewers today.
Step 2: Respons to the prompt below
The course may conclude, but issues of race and ethnicity remain.
- Are you hopeful that we move toward racial democracy?
- How has your experience with topics related to race and ethnic relations (e.g., taking this course, partaking in protests, exposure to various views, partaking in difficult conversations) shaped your views
- What lesson, content, or video was most impactful to you this semester?
- What is your takeaway from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichies Ted Talk?