Program Proposal Development
For your final assignment, return again to the issue you are addressing from the Riverbend City: Examining the Ruby Lake Community media piece. For the purposes of this assignment, develop the basic narrative of a program proposal. In your program proposal, focus on the following critical aspects, as identified by Lewis, Packard, and Lewis (2007):
- Articulate the real need for the proposed project (based on your revised Unit 3 assignment).
- State clear and attainable project objectives (based on the revised Unit 5 assignment).
- Suggest a plan of action that corresponds to the project’s goals and objectives.
- Identify and justify the methodological approach used to design the program.
- Support the program model by citing research and best practices.
- Argue that the applying organization is the best positioned to carry out the proposed project and meet the project goals in the due timeframe.
- Comment on how the budget is justified and appropriate for the scope of the project.
- Evaluate quality assurance measures and indicators for the program.
- Analyze cultural, ethical, and sustainability considerations relevant to the program, taking into consideration the specifics of the organization, the target population, and the social problem in general.
- Include clear, feasible, and appropriate ideas for program evaluation, advocacy, and information-sharing strategies.
Note: You are not expected to include additional elements and attachments that you would include with a formal program proposal, such as biographies of the staff, job descriptions, organizational charts, project timelines, logic models, resumes, past financial statements, verifications of business status, certifications, program licensure, accreditation, letters of support, memoranda, agreements and approvals.
Review the scoring guide for the assignment carefully to determine what is required to achieve a distinguished level of performance.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: The paper, including resources and citations, should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of Paper: 810 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references.
- References: Remember to provide references to external sources you will use to prepare the narrative, and format them in the current APA style.
- Number of Resources: A minimum of 5 scholarly sources that support your work.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Submit your paper in the Assignment area as a Word document.
Lewis, J. A., Packard, T. R., & Lewis, M. D. (2007). Management of human service programs (4th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson Learning.