Chapter 5 Assignment:
An excellent general site on preschooler health issues, which includes many links that are rated for their outstanding characteristics can be found at:
If the Kidsource website is down then try the archived articles:
Choose an article of interest to you and summarize it in a one-page paper.
Chapter 6 Assignment:
Choose two of the following points below and answer them. Each answer should be roughly 1/2 – 1 page in length.
1. Describe the significance of emotional regulation and provide examples.
2. Discuss Partens styles of play that are exhibited by children as they become socially aware.
3. Discuss Baumrinds three styles of parenting and provide examples.
Format For Assignment:
Complete the following assignment and submit all components as one submission. Read the instructions on how to Upload an Assignment under the Course Content tab. Do not submit these 2 components separately… Make ONE submission!
Here are a few simple rules to k eep in mind for writing the assignment for our individual projects that require papers. These rules also apply to every paper in our class. If you follow these rules, they will help you achieve higher scores on papers -in almost every class in college.
1. Font size and Spacing: Fonts must always be 12 point font: If you use larger size, most instructors will feel you are stretching your material unfairly, and may deduct points for it. Conversely, if you use smaller size, then you are short-changing your paper, and your paper will appear shorter than it should be for your assignment. 12-Font, Double Spaced, Times New Roman is your best bet.
2. Complete Sentences: Complete sentences should be used at all times in all assignments. Complete sentences have a subject and a verb and create a complete thought that makes sense to the person reading the paper. A fragment is a group of words that does not express a complete thought and might not make sense to the audience. The following are examples:
·Fragment: When they attended the picnic. (poor grammar)
·Complete sentence: The guests brought food when they attended the picnic. (good grammar)
3. Assignment Text: number your responses as they correspond to the question being answered.
4. Reference Page: Make sure that your last page has the word “References” centered at the top, and all sources cited listed in alphabetical order by first author’s last name. Here are some samples for you to consider. In the first example, an article is identified and referenced properly. This is an article that is available in print form – as well as the internet. In the second example, the article is shown on the internet only – and not available in a journal or magazine. In the last example, the information is shown on the internet – but the author is not identified.