Directions. You are to create a PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) of an analysis of the Broward County CEMP (base plan) that is to be no more than 50 slides. Be as creative as you want! You may include graphs, pictures, videos, self-videos, etc.
In your analysis, include the following:
1. Describe the structure of Broward County’s emergency management system as per the CEMP: Who are the main players? How is the system organized? How are each phase of emergency management (preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation) addressed?
2. Compare the Broward County CEMP to that of another Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). This can be from another county (i.e. Miami-Dade, Monroe, Palm Beach, etc.), a municipality (i.e. Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah, etc.), a private business (i.e. Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc.), a faith-based organization (Salvation Army, Archdiocese of Miami, etc.) , or a non-profit agency (i.e. United Way, American Red Cross, etc.). What are their similarities and differences?
3. Based on the comparison, describe, if any, improvements that you think can be made on either plan. If no improvements are needed, why not?
The project must be submitted in either APA or MLA format. Outside resources or any of the materials in this course can be cited if you feel the need to do so and are included as part of your analysis. It is your choice to present your project in double space or single space (with double space between paragraphs). Grammar, spelling, and punctuation will be considered gradable items.
- Broward County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
- An Emergency Operations Plan or CEMP chosen by the student from a public, private, or faith-based organization (i.e., Miami Dade CEMP, American Red Cross, Catholic Charities).