I’m working on a writing report and need support to help me understand better.
Books used are: Theology: The Basics, 4th Edition (Wiley-Blackwell, 2017), Alister E. McGrath. ISBN-13: 9781119158080
The Mosaic of Christian Belief: Twenty Centuries of Unity and Diversity, 2nd Edition (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2016), Roger E. Olson.ISBN-13: 978-0830851256; ISBN-10: 0830851259.
Objective Salvation Paper.
You must write and submit an original paper of 1200 to 1500 words on the thesis, The Objective Benefits of Salvation. In your paper, discuss the meaning of the terms sacrifice, substitute, and Christus Victor concerning salvation through Jesus Christ. Demonstrate what these terms mean for the work of salvation, and the results or benefits that come to the Christian believer through these truths. Follow the instructions below and the instructions on style that follow. You must use your textbooks and at least three other scholarly sources outside of your textbooks in your paper.
Write your paper in the following pattern:
- First, discuss the meaning of each one of the terms above for Christian salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Second, discuss the results or the benefits that come to the believing Christian, and describe what changes occur for the Christian believer because of them.
- Conclude in your paper by summarizing the benefits that objective salvation brings to the Christian through the sacrifice, substitution, and conquering victory of Jesus Christ. In your conclusion, include a separate section of application that answers the following question: How do the benefits of objective salvation change the way a Believer must live individually and within secular society?
Instructions on Style.
Your paper may be written in proper MLA, APHA, APA, or Turabian style. Use the style that is appropriate to the major you intend to pursue. In all cases, whether the style calls for it or not, your paper must include:
- A title page with a title, your name, the class and semester, and your professors name.
- Reference notes. These can be in-text citations or footnotes. Do not use endnotes.
- A bibliography of works cited in the paper. Use the appropriate bibliography format for the style you adopt in writing the paper.
Do not forget that your paper must use both textbooks and at least three other scholarly sources.
Stay within the assigned word count. Use the word count function in your word processor. Papers should not go under the assigned word count, nor over the word count by more than 10 per cent. Papers that violate the word count will receive a penalty.