Herman De Vries is a great example of an artist who has an ongoing curiosity about nature. Shapes, colors, forms and how they look. You are going to explore in this way. I want you to walk in nature, if you cannot walk in nature that is not a problem look for objects in your house. Look at their shapes and sizes and colors. Put them where you can photograph them.
Artists and scientist are collector’s. As a student of the world you need to collect, observe, analyze, compare and notice patterns.
1. Explore your surroundings.
2. Collect at least 10 objects.
3. Document each object.
4. Photograph them as a group
5. Create a PowerPoint Presentation with your objects and your observations and reflections on:
1. Why you chose these objects.
2. describe the objects.
3. Compare them.
Upload your PPT to Canvas.
Students will explore nature and build a sculpture from found materials.
1. Research the work of Andy Goldsworthy.
2. Explore the landscape.
3. Find a material that you can collect. Make sure that you get something that is
easy to collect a lot of… sticks, stones, leaves, flowers etc.
4. Think of a design that you can create with the materials that you have collected.
5. Document your work as you go. Write about your process and the way you approached your project.
Reflect on how the work went for you. Stuggles or things learned.
6. Create a PowerPoint, Using your photographs and or video, and upload to Canvas.