Video Analysis Commentary (100 points)
1. Register for a free account at https://www.lipscomb.edu/ayers/invest Login: JLN1977 Password: Un4Given
2. Choose a model lesson video from your content area or an area that is similar.
*****I am doing the 8th Grade ELA video*****
3. Your assignment is to write a commentary that addresses each of the following prompts:
a. What were the specific learning objectives that were targeted in the video? These must be linked to Tennessee state standards as well as the video.
b. What evidence supports that student learning is occurring? (minimum 3 concrete examples) This must be discussed from both the student and teacher perspective.
c. How is feedback provided to students? (minimum 3 concrete examples) How does the teacher provide the feedback and how does the student respond?
d. What types of assessment were taking place (diagnostic, formative, summative)? (minimum 3 concrete examples) Clearly identify the type of assessment in each example.
e. How was instruction differentiated to meet the diverse learning needs? (minimum 3 concrete examples) You must cite at least 3 sources here to support the instructional strategies you discuss.
f. Did you see areas where improvement could be made? Defend your reasoning as to whether or not you feel improvement is needed using research-based strategies and learning theories.
g. Discuss at least one strategy that you could use in your future classroom to provide quality feedback and monitor student learning.
Minimum Requirements: Project components to submit.
1. Minimum of 2 pages.
2. All examples must be specific and directly related to the topic.
3. You must note the time stamp for each of your examples.
4. Refer to the rubric for specific details prior to submission.
Attached you will find the RUBRIC for this assignment and a PowerPoint with Chapter 8 information on them.