In this module, be sure to address all of the following prompts in your journal entry:
For these questions, we suggest you reflect on a change going on in your company or a company you are familiar with right now, or a required change.
Appraise the readiness for change. Is there a visible need? Does the change have top management support and commitment? Is there a ready and engaged change agent (maybe this is you!)? Is there a good understanding of the target group for the change? (This is a cross cultural management class)
- In initiating the change and influencing people to adopt the new behavior, how well-defined are the implementation mechanisms? Which could be improved? How?
- Select people with particular skills and attitudes
- Train for new skills and knowledge
- Communicate to establish the need for change
- Build a roadmap with a clear process
- Develop commitment from stakeholders
- Ensure continuous participation from target group
- What is being done to reinforce the change?
- How are small wins acknowledged, celebrated, and communicated?
- How are realignment needs monitored and responded to?
- How is the company supporting the need for continuous change and organizational renewal?