using the text book ” The text book “The future of Nursing” answer the following questions
No intext citation. and no word limit. It is a learning objective assignment so just make it straight to the point.
Learning Activity regarding Nursing: The Scope and Standards of Practice
Using your book please answer the following questions. You may use the words in the book with references included, but I believe you demonstrate understanding by explaining in your own words-this is a learning experience and it is helpful to know what you think these things mean so we can be sure you do understand what it means!
Using the above text book ,please be sure to include the reference in APA format at the bottom of the page-thanks!
- What is the definition of Nursing?
- Using the glossary in the book define the following and then describe it in your own words
- Why do we have the Professional Nursing’s Scope and Standards of Practice? (pp xi, 1, & podcast)
- Development of Standards: The Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice describe what?
- What is the difference between Scope of Practice and individual state Nurse Practice Acts?
- The Standards of practice mention the nursing process. How does it describe the Nursing Process? (p 4)
- List the 6 Standards of Practice
- List the 11 Standards of Professional Performance
- We will look at competencies next week, but why do they accompany the standards?
- What are the 5 tenets of Nursing Practice?
- What is the definition of the “how” of nursing?
- Read the section on integrating the Art and Science of Nursing (pp 6-13) and answer the following questions with what you think these mean-we will discuss in class-I do not expect deep detail, just a starting place for discussion
- Scope of nursing practice
- Standards of practice
- Standards of Professional nursing practice
- What does the scope describe?
- What do the standards describe?
- What is healthcare consumer-centered practice?
- What is evidence based practice?
- What is interprofessional collaboration?
- What is use of informatics?
- What is continuous quality improvement?
- How would you describe the art of nursing versus the science of nursing? Give me what you think is one example of each