research question is ” are online courses the new wave of schooling?
Revised Essay #3- Short Research Argument
Annotated Bibliography Assignment
English 101—Instructor: Elise Spencer
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate that you have effectively researched and carefully read sources that help answer your specific research question (remember, your question should be more specific than just a yes/no answer to the opening question). Your annotated bibliography should include a minimum of 3 credible, substantive sources.
- Write your topic and research question on top of your annotated bibliography.
- List your sources in alphabetical order, according to the authors’ last names. If your source does not have an author, alphabetize according to the title.
- For each entry, use a hanging indent (indent every line after the first).
- Provide the MLA citation and annotation for each source.
- The citation is the information that goes on your works cited list, and it must correctly follow MLA format. Remember that different kinds of sources require different formats. Pay very careful attention to details such as capitalization and punctuation. See the the Purdue OWL or any good MLA guide.
- The annotation should begin on the next line. In 50-100 words, it should do TWO things:
- Provide a brief summary of the source. Convince me that you’ve read it carefully. Answer these questions: what kind of source is it? What, if anything, you know about the author and/or the target audience? What is the central argument? How does the author support his or her claims?
- Briefly describe how this source helps to answer your research question. Remember, the source could be providing background information, support for your claims, give an idea you would like to respond, or some combination thereof.
4. Double-space your document