You are a visual communication expert for a company that creates and maintains websites for large businesses and organizations. They called a meeting a few days ago to bring various departments together for a “think tank” session. The goal of this session was to update the images and visual elements on the website of your newest client: a large medical facility’s website. Currently, they are using the same website images across all websites in the following American locations: New York City, Miami, Phoenix, and Denver.
As the meeting progressed, several people posed several situational conversations. You took careful notes during the meeting, and as you review them at home, you decide to create a video to address all the issues discussed.
In less than seven minutes, your video will outline the importance of using cultural familiarity, perspective framing, and emotional appeal in order to visually persuade viewers in all of these different locations. For clarity, you decide to include specific visual images and examples that could replace current website images for each situation. During the video, you plan to include audio explanations to prove your points to the other “think tank” members.
You review the situational conversation notes:
- Carol asks: “Why can’t we just use the same images that are already being used for all the different locations? All the images of the medical staff look American enough.”
- Daniel states: “Let’s use images of families in all of the images that scroll through the main website page. That will catch everyone’s eye-everyone has a family somewhere.”
- Caleb questions: “The pictures we use should all be outdoors and of people having fun. Isn’t that what all patients want to see when they visit the medical facilities website?”
- Heather states: “Maybe we should think like the potential patients that might visit this website. What would those patients want to see regarding this facility?”
- Samuel asks: “How can we use images to get people to feel like they will get better, or experience a miracle, or receive better treatment here than at some other facilit