Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and apply the basic steps of the organizational development process (Lo 2.5)
- Define the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational development (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Be sure to use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed references in support of each answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
- This Assignment comprises a Case study.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
- Please read the case study entitled as Job Design at Pepperdine University. available in your textbook Organization Development & Change 10th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
- Q.1 Describe the culture of Pepperdine University within which an individual job is enriched. Support your answer using two examples from the case study (1.25 mark) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Q.2 Based on your understanding of the individual-level diagnosing of job designs, discuss and evaluate each of the following components for the MSOD programs administrator as proposed by Pepperdine University:
- Q.3 Explain why it is important for an individual job design to be congruent with the larger organization design. Support your answer using one example from this case study (1.25 marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
-Task identity (0.5 mark) (Lo 2.5)
-Task significance (0.5 mark) (Lo 2.5)
-Autonomy (0.5 mark) (Lo 2.5)
-Feedback (0.5 mark) (Lo 2.5)