- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- WORD 1000-1200
Important: You are required to present at least three scholarly references to support your answers
- Learning Outcomes:
- Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
- Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (Lo 2.2)
- Understand the contribution of various functional areas e.g. production, marketing, purchasing and supply management to the overall well-being of the organization (Lo 1.2.)
Read carefully the Mini case N. 33 from your textbook (entitled: Whole Foods Market (2010): How to grow in an increasingly competitive market?) and answer the following questions:
- Explain the contribution of the different functional areas to the overall well-being of Whole foods.
- Describe the growth strategy used by Whole Foods. Is it successful? Justify.
- Explain the issues related to strategic competitive advantage of the company.
- Suggest some alternatives (at least 3) to Whole Foods in order to reinforce its competitive advantage.
- Copy/paste the phrases from the text is not acceptable. You MUST use your own expressions.
- Using the terminology developed in the course of Strategic Management will be highly valued.