crime has been part of the human condition since people began to live in groups. Ancient documents indicate that conduct we now call murder, theft, or robbery was identified as criminal by civilizations that existed thousands of years ago. Criminal laws regulate human conduct and tell people what they can and cannot do and, in some instances, what they must do under certain circumstances. In this assignment, you will explore different types of criminal conduct and the goals of criminal law.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Determine whether or not the Ex Post Facto Clause can be used as a defense to prohibit the increase in federal minimum/mandatory sentencing guidelines after a federal defendant has committed the crime. Provide a rationale to support your position.
- Explain the distinction between criminal, tort, and moral wrongs. Next, support or criticize the premise that the standards set by moral laws are higher than those set by criminal law.
- Identify and discuss the differences between solicitation of another to commit a crime and a conspiracy to commit a crime. Next, support or criticize the use of the unilateral approach to conspiracy convictions.
- Identify the four (4) goals of criminal law, and discuss the manner in which these four goals effectuate the purpose of protecting the public and preventing the conviction of innocent persons.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Include page numbers. Use 1-inch margins. Use numerals (1, 2, 3, and so on) or spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on). Double space body text in the assignment. Use consistent 12-point font. Use section headings to divide separate content areas. Center the section headings on thepage, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the assignment.