Choose ONE of the following four topics to develop as an essay by comparing and contrasting the ONE topic using TWO examples from each of the TWO Chapters you have chosen (Chaps 5-8). (See chapter titles.) You will have ONE topic, TWO chapters, thus FOUR examples.
1. Chapter 5: Golden Age Athens and the Hellenic World: The School of Hellas
2. Chapter 6: Rome: Urban Life and Imperial Majesty
3. Chapter 7: Emerging Empires in the East: Urban Life and Imperial Majesty in China and India
4. Chapter 8: “The Flowering of Christianity: Faith and the Power of Belief in the Early First Millennium”
Topics: (1) art/ifacts; (2) architecture; (3) power/hierarchy; and (4) writing/literature.
Use the expository/argument form, starting with a predictive thesis statement, then giving body paragraphs which you fully develop with examples, and ending with a 1-2 sentence summary
I expect these papers to be 3 pages in length (typed, double-spaced, stapled), and written in the expository (argument)
style.The papers must have:
1. an Introduction paragraph ending in a predictive thesis statement;
2. body paragraphs (BPs) which begin with a topic sentence and then fully develop and follow the order of your predictive
thesis statement, giving a minimum of 4-6 textual examples per BP topic; and
3. a Conclusion paragraph
I will attach a sample of the thesis statement and should be one predictive sentence with strong claim and provides a structure for your argument
I will give access for a book in the chat