Your activity this week is to write your reflections (~500 words) on the current climate crisisconsidering the points below. Fully explain each point you make.
1. What are your overall thoughts about the climate change debate and talk of the climatecrisis in the media? Does it spur you into action, provoke eco-anxiety, generate climatefatigue or apathy, or produce another response?
2. What kinds of actions have you taken, or would you consider taking, in response to theclimate emergency? For example, participating in climate strikes, taking action in yourcommunity, or making adaptations to your lifestyle?
3. How important do you consider climate emergency declarations by local governments orcitizen activism in promoting change? Do you think these methods are effective ininstigating change? Are there other approaches or actions that you think may be moreeffective in tackling the climate crisis?
4. How do you think the current wave of climate activism differs from the past waves ofenvironmentalism that we have discussed in the course? You might think here about howthe movement is organized, which groups are involved, or what kinds of underlyingworldviews are represented?
5. How effective or ineffective do you think actions by international agencies and nationalor local governments have been to date in addressing climate change? Suggest furtherways in which such agencies might address climate change at a global to local scale.