In this assignment, you will
1.evaluate several risk scenarios FOR ADM and INTEL.
2.make recommendations on how to position the company for success by putting in place “reasonable” protections, MOATS against downsides.
To prepare for the assignment:
1. Download and review the latest annual reports for BOTH companies from the Investor
Relations page of each company’s website;
2. Read the Shareholder Letter and the Risks section carefully, and
3. Read the Morningstar Analyst Reports with particular emphasis on the Moat and Risk sections.
A.Complete the Assignment 1 Worksheet (attached) to create risk profiles for both companies.
B.The guidance for this is found on pages 24-29 of The CFO Guidebook, THIRD EDITITON.
C.Summarize your Analysis and Recommendations by addressing the following questions:
i. Where is each company in its corporate lifecycle (startup, growth, maturity, or decline)?
ii. Based on your review of the analysts’ reports and the 10-K reports, which company
appears to have more risk? Why?
iii. Which categories of risk pose the greatest threat to each organization? Why?
iv. Which company has the stronger economic moat? Explain.
v. For the company that has the weaker economic moat, what two risk factors should they
prioritize to improve their risk mitigation and strengthen their competitive advantage?
Make specific reference to the applicable risk management tools discussed on pages 30-
63 of The CFO Guidebook.
A.Complete and submit the Assignment 1 Worksheet component of the Workbook, along with your written work for Part B, through the assignment link in Blackboard.
B.Format your written responses for Analysis and Recommendation as follows:
• Typed, double-spaced, professional font (size 10-12), including headings and subheadings (to
identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source.
o Application and analysis of course materials and resources is expected.
o At least one additional source beyond the course materials must be cited to support
your analysis and recommendations.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
•The maximum length is 4 pages, excluding your cover page, completed worksheets, and reference list.