Technology in Today’s Courthouse
For this unit, write an essay that examines the use of technology to secure and monitor the courthouse. Use the CSU Online Library and other resources to answer the following questions:
- What is CCTV?
- How can CCTV be used to create a safe and secured courthouse?
- What is the history and importance of CCTV in the courtroom?
- What is control access?
- Why would controlling the access of where people can go in the courthouse be important to overall safety and security?
- What are some examples of restricted areas in a courthouse?
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of possibly using four-foot walled off quadrants to secure the courtroom? Those quadrants would include the following:
- judge/stenographer/juror area,
- defendant area,
- plaintiff area, and
- spectator area.
This essay should be at least two pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. The paper should include an introduction. A minimum of four sources