In the discussion board, write a minimum of 250-word reflection on the following prompts:
(1) What does it mean to be an ally to marginalized populations? How can YOU become a better ally?
(2) Reflect on what you learned about the Stonewall Riots. Do you believe rioting is the necessary work of liberation/social movements? Why or why not?
Research the following organizations:
- The Gay Liberation Front
- Human Rights Campaign (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.) GLAAD (Links to an external site.) (formerly Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation),
- PFLAG (Links to an external site.) (formerly Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays).
Then write a response (250 words <) to the following:
1. What is one action that you think the campus can take to bring awareness to the movement and also issues facing LGBTQ+ communities?
2. What about the intersection of race? Is racial equality a visible component of the work that any of these organizations are doing? Which ones are inclusive of racial equality work and which ones are not? Why is this so?