For this discussion, you will explore the relationship between financial analysis and strategic analysis in a review of the case study Case 9: Starbucks Corporation, p.462 (from your textbook)A case study is a puzzle to be solved, so before reading and answering the specific questions, develop your proposed solution by following these five steps:
- Read the case study to identify the key issues and underlying issues. These issues are the principles and concepts of the course modules which apply to the situation described in the case study.
- Record the facts from the case study which are relevant to the principles and concepts of the course modules. The case may have extraneous information not relevant to the current module. Your ability to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant information is an important aspect of case analysis, as it will inform the focus of your answers.
- Describe in detail the actions that would address or correct the situation.
- Consider how you would support your solution with examples from experience or current real-life examples or cases from textbooks.
- Complete this initial analysis and then read the discussion questions. Typically, you will already have the answers to the questions, but with a broader consideration. At this point, you can add the details and/or analytical tools required to solve the case.
In an original post, present a well-written answer and diagnosis for the following case study questions:
- Examine the reasons why Starbucks’ strategy has been so successful.
- Examine the threats to Starbucks’ success in the future.
- How does Starbucks link organizational goals to measures of value?
- How does Starbucks link organizational goals to measures of performance?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (which require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 2 in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats in Contemporary Strategy Analysis
- Landry, N., & Mclarney, C. (2019). Using Human Resource Management to
- Drive Business Strategy: The Case of BAE Systems. IUP Journal of Business Strategy, 16(4), 8–22. https://www.iupindia.in/1912/Business%20Strategy/Using_Human_Resource_Management.asp
- Frigo, M. L., & Krumwiede, K. (2020). Strategic Analysis and the Management Accountant: By working to align strategy, execution, budgets, and financial performance, management accountants can help create superior long-term results for their organization. Strategic Finance, 11, 48.
- Tzong-Shing Cheng. (2019). The Study of Relationship for Personality Traits, Perception Risk, Motivation, Business Strategies Environment Factors and Business Performance to Entrepreneurs. International Journal of Organizational Innovation, 12(2), 360–371.