The instructions for your Final Paper are written below. You are to read over these instructions and construct an outline for your Final Paper. This outline must be two double-spaced pages in length and should address all sections that will be covered in your Final Paper. The outline should be formatted according to APA style and written according to the outline format detailed in the Ashford Writing Center. Additionally, you must provide at least four scholarly sources as well as your text and detail how you will use each source.
Final Paper Instructions
The creation of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) can take two to three years to complete, depending on the complexity of the proposed project and the number of individuals and technical experts involved. For the Final Paper, you will develop an abbreviated Draft Environmental Impact Statement for one of the scenarios below.
You are attempting to build a wastewater treatment plant in a newly developed urban area. The site is located in an attainment area. There is a local waterway that runs through the site. The area is heavily populated.
You are proposing to build a power plant in an industrialized area. The site is located in an attainment area but local regulations require offsets be incorporated into the plan. The closest waterway is 1.5 miles away. The gradient of the land slopes towards the water. There is a small population of people that surrounds the industrial area.
You are proposing to build a recycling center in a rural area. The area consists of numerous waterways. There are many farms in the area. The population is medium in size and spread throughout the area. The area is in a nonattainment area.
You are proposing to build a shopping mall in a heavily populated rural area. The area adjacent to the site consists of a nature preserve. The main road into and out of the site is a single lane road in each direction. The area of the site is in an attainment area.
- Begin with a brief but detailed description of the project area. While some general details are provided in the scenario, you may need to draw some assumptions regarding variables not listed (e.g., current traffic patterns, local businesses nearby, agricultural prevalence, etc.). Since the scenarios provided may not address every situation that could arise, you may extrapolate and be creative regarding the surrounding area, however, your description of the project area should provide any details that will affect your scoping plan.
- Secondly, you are to develop a scoping plan for the chosen scenario. Make sure to provide the necessary detail as described in your text.
- Next, you should discuss the possible alternatives in your mock EIS. Include a minimum of three alternatives as well as the no build alternative in your plan.
- Additionally, discuss at least one important criterion regarding your proposed site (i.e., discuss at least one criteria regarding land-use and development, social and neighborhood effects, economic factors, relocations, traffic and transportation, energy, historic and archaeological resources, visual resources, air quality, noise, geology and soils, water resources, floodplains and coastal areas, wetlands, and vegetation and wildlife) from each of the following chapters in your text: 5 through 9, 11 through 16, and 18 through 21. It is understandable that every category may not be affected by your proposed project. However, if this is the case in your report, you must indicate the category and include a brief statement as to why certain criteria do not apply. Make sure that you support any decision that you make by explaining its importance in regards to the site and the community. Provide evidence throughout your paper to support your statements.
- Finally, complete your mock EIS with a conclusion that sums up your report.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be a minimum of eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use a minimum of five scholarly sources plus your text.
- Must provide a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address one of the topics found in Final Paper guidelines.
- Must include a reference page that is completed according to APA style
ATTACHED ARE ALL THE CHAPTERS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT ALONG WITH WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR IT. MUST ALSO USE THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF RESOURCES. MUST FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS. PICK A SENARIO THAT WILL ALSO BE USED FOR THE FINAL PAPER. WILL BE PAYING $40 FOR THAT. MUST CITE REFERANCES WITHIN WORK AND EXPLAIN HOW THEY WILL BE USED FOR THE FINAL PAPER. FINAL PAPER GUIDE LINES ARE ATTACHED ALSO