The Immigration Experience
- Write a 1 and 1/2 page essay discussing immigration in American from 1877 to the 1970s.
- You must analyze how some Americans felt about immigrants in America, including how Acts, riots, and conflicts and consequences. Also discuss how the various immigrant groups adjusted to life in America, and the reasons some migrated to the United States.
- You choose what you want to discuss from the above mention discussion topics, however you must have plenty examples (historical evidence or historical examples).
- This is not an opinion essay, but based on historical evidence.
- Use the following as research materials:
- Course Textbook
- American Perspectives Articles (must use at least 3 articles):
- Chapter 1—“Address of August Spies,” “The Chinese Exclusion Act,” and “Congress Takes Aim at the Chinese Menace”
- Chapter 3—“Social Conflict in the American West”
- Chapter 7— “Emma Goldman’s Address to Jury,” “Revolution in Texas,” and “Vanzetti’s Speech to the Court”
- Chapter 9—“The Zoot Suite Riot”
- Chapter 12—Hernandez vs. Texas
General directions for all essays
- Write 1 ½ page essay on each topic. All essays should have an introduction (three sentences), two body paragraphs (five or more sentences each), and conclusion (three sentences). Avoid your opinion.
- Time New Roman 12 font, double spacing.
- You choose what you want to discuss from the previous discussion topics, however you must have plenty of historical examples (historical evidence). Follow all statements by an example. Each body paragraph must have historical examples from the reader American Perspectives and your course required textbook only.
- You must use the articles from the course required reader American Perspectives and your course required textbook. Only use your course materials, no outside sources needed or can be used.
- No excessive quoting. Five words quoted together or apart is excessive. Please paraphrase all work as much as possible, followed by a citation (footnote).