Major Project 3: Nursing Theory Critique – This project is about the analysis and evaluation of one nursing theory from either the grand theories category or middle-range theories category. https://ultimatehomeworkhelpers.com/create-a-powerpoint-presentation-on-hepatitis-b-in-which-you-report-on-each-of-t/biology-and-other-life-sciences/ The guidelines for the analysis and evaluation can be found on page 107, boxes 5.1 to 5.3. Please type and save your work in a word document and submit in word Docx format. Please do not submit your work in pdf format.
Please observe the APA 7th edition guidelines. Use Times New Romans, font size 12, and double space. It should not exceed 6 pages (which include already the cover, abstract, and reference pages)
Major Project 3 (MP3)
Nursing Critique Paper
Your critique must address and have the following Topics Headings:
- Describe the main ideas of the theory (should include the assumptions under which the theory operates).
- What are the main concepts?
- What are the main relationships between the concepts?
- How do different concepts affect each other?
Origins of the Theory
- What was going on in the profession of nursing or in American society that may have influenced the theory?
- What values, theories, evidence, and/or existing knowledge did the theorist cite as support for the theory?
- What motivated the theorist to write the theory?
- What approach to theory development did the theorist use?
- How useful is this theory in practice?
- Is the theory practical and helpful to nursing?
- Does it contribute to understanding and predicting outcomes?
- Cite an example/case study where this theory could be used.
- How testable is this theory?
- Has this theory generated https://ultimatehomeworkhelpers.com/this-assignment-is-worth-20-points-research-one-of-the-topics-below-or-come-up/other-chemistry/ research? How many and what types of studies?
- Give one example of a study done using the theory
- What types of statements are the propositions?
- Is the theory comprehensive and specific?
- How general is the theory?
- Summarize the strengths and weaknesses of the theory.
- Why would you use or not use this theory in your own advanced practice? (Begin to think about your presentation Synthesis of Nursing Theory).