1. Watch this film (important: Click on the cc on the bottom left corner to read the captions as you watch the film):
Angel Island Immigration Station Video Discovering Angel Island (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_EQY-0ThOM)
Provide specific examples from the film of how Chinese immigrants and Chinese Americans were personally affected by Angel Island immigration experience.
2. Watch this film:
U.S. Government Japanese Internment Film (U.S. Office of War, 1943) (https://archive.org/details/Japanese1943)
Answer the following questions
- Who is the intended audience for this film?
- What central message is the film trying to convey to its audience?
- Do you think this film served as an effective propaganda tool for the U.S. Government to gain the support of Americans for the process of Japanese Internment? Why or why not?
- What do you think Japanese Americans from that time-period would have thought of this film?