1. A family is gathered around in the ICU waiting room to monitor the status of a 22-year-old male, David, who sustained traumatic injuries in a motorcycle accident. He is in critical unstable condition with many wounds and severe abrasions. Davids mom keeps crying and saying, What did I do to deserve this, God? The family is Roman Catholic.
- a. What information should you ask the family regarding their culture, beliefs, and coping mechanisms?
- b. The family wants to be at the bedside with David and requests to be present if he has a code blue or becomes asystolic.
- c. What is your best response to their request?
2. A 45-year-old divorced Filipino man with end-stage Alzheimers disease was found dead from hanging. While preparing the body for the morgue, the mother tells the nurse that he has disgraced the family and he will go to hell.
- a. What religious or spiritual beliefs influenced the mothers reaction?
- b. How should the nurse respond to the mother?
Please answer the following Discussion Question. Please be certain to answer the three questions on this week DQ and to provide a well-developed and complete answer to receive credit. Your main discussion answer needs to be at least 3 paragraphs in length with 3 references to justify your answer. Use APA format.
Also, please ensure to have read the assigned chapters for the current week.
- Do you believe nurses should belong to professional organizations?
- Describe your ideal health care system of the future.